FRIDAY MARCH 24, 2023
Registered Nurse-Lactation Consultant
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Employer: Aurora Health Care
Industry: Ambulatory/Clinical Care Services
Job type: Part-Time
- Lactation Management
- 1)Serves as a consultant when difficulties with lactation are beyond the knowledge and/or training of the health care provider.
- 2)Consults, develops and implements lactation plans of care.
- 3)Serves as a liaison and/or facilitator between the community and hospital providing ongoing expertise, education and support to groups and individuals.
- 4)Provides a communication link between the hospital and health care provider's office to assure coordination of patient care and maintains communication with health care providers concerning patients experiencing lactation and breastfeeding problems.
- 5)Demonstrates appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation based on stages of life and developmental status.
- 1)Provides education for mothers and family in correct lactation management.
- 2)Educates patients, families and health care team members.
- 3)Develops and implements ongoing lactation educational program annually on lactation for the healthcare team.
- Process Improvement
- 1)Participates in lactation program development and implementation.
- 2)Works with the appropriate shared governance structure on issues relating to lactation.
- 3)Participates in development of policies, procedures, algorithms and guidelines specific to lactation practice at site and system levels.
- 4)Identifies, monitors and evaluates quality and safety issues related to practice.
- 5)Maintains phone consultation system for lactation questions and problems.
- 6)Represents the lactation department at unit/system/community meetings.
- 3)Analyzing assessment data to create nursing diagnosis and determine the necessary interventions.
- 1)The RN Lactation Consultant is a registered professional nurse who provides holistic nursing care through the nursing process to individuals, groups, families, or communities, that includes but is not limited to: #2 - #6
- 2)Collecting comprehensive data through assessment that is pertinent to the condition of the mother and baby's health.
- 4)Coordination of plan of care implementation with the health care team.
- 5)Consultation to influence the identified plan to enhance the abilities of others and effect change.
- 6)Evaluation of progress towards attainment of goals and health outcomes.
- Evidence Based Practice
- 2)Maintains current knowledge of lactation research and reflects this knowledge in current lactation practice.
- 3)Participates in lactation research projects.
- 4)Pursues continuing education relevant to lactation consultant practice including reading current professional journals, participating in workshops, seminars, in-service programs, conferences, accredited courses, and professional organizations.
- 1)Evaluates and integrates research findings into lactation practice.
- Nurse, Registered (RN)
- Effective April 2, 2017, Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN), required 3 years minimum experience in Maternal Child Nursing
- • Global perspective of changing health care environment. • Ability to prioritize work. • Basic computer skills. • Effective interpersonal communication skills. • Utilization of critical thinking in timely decision-making. • Able to collaborate as a member of the health care team. • Knowledge of lactation equipment and supplies.
- Current RN license in Illinois Certified as International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), or must have one of the following: Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC), Certified Lactation Specialist (CLS), Certified Lactation Educator (CLE) or Certified Breastfeeding Specialist (CBS) and be certified as an IBCLC within 2 years of hire/transfer. Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association NRP certification as required by site
- Flexible hours according to customer needs. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to patient-focused care. Ability to prioritize independently and respond to multiple simultaneous requests. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with established time constraints and in difficult situations. May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases. Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to patients (up to 30 lbs. may be required). This position needs to recognize needs and behaviors of specific age groups and cultures of patients treated.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Country: United States
City: Oak Lawn
About Aurora Health Care
Founded in: 1984
Number of Employees: 75000
Career site: https://careers.aah.org/
Lactation Consultant - Lactation Services (Registry, Days)NCH Corporation in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Lactation Consultant - RN 0.6 FTEAdvocate Health Care in Downers Grove, Illinois
Registered Nurse-Lactation ConsultantAdvocate Health Care in Oak Lawn, Illinois
Lactation Consultant - RN 0.6 FTEAurora Health Care in Downers Grove, Illinois